Keeping your cymbals clean doesn’t have to be a chore.
Proper handling of your cymbals and occasional cleaning will keep them clean. For the best and safest cleaning, ‘The SABIAN Cymbal Cleaner’ (a new, one-for-all formula introduced in 2001) is suitable for cleaning all cymbals – all series, all finishes… all brands.
- Avoid fingerprints by holding cymbals by their edges (try using the palms of your hands) or by wearing gloves (inexpensive cotton work gloves are good).
- The biggest enemies of clean cymbals are fingerprints and (if you’re a hard player) perspiration, so wipe these off immediately after every performance with a dry cloth (especially important with Brilliant Finish).
- Some nylon tips and colored sticks leave marks that are more difficult to remove than those of natural wood sticks.
- If you are concerned about keeping the logos on your cymbals, simply clean around them. We use environmentally friendly, mineral-based inks and they will eventually wear off if you wipe them with any cleaner.
- We recommend ‘SABIAN Cymbal Cleaner’.
- DO NOT use abrasive or acidic cleaners or scouring pads on any cymbal.